Talk to me about Al Gore and Presidential Politics

If, as is rumored, Al Gore wins the Nobel Peace Prize on Friday, would you support the idea of Al Gore entering the presidential race?

If Al Gore entered the presidential race, would you support him as a candidate for the Democratic Party nomination?

Why or why not?

I’m looking forward to reading your thoughts (in the written, not psychic, sense).

8 thoughts on “Talk to me about Al Gore and Presidential Politics”

1. Carla says:

No and no. I know Al Gore from his past campaigns. He’ll revert to form, get careful, and sell out everybody’s hopes. I think Al Gore’s figured this out, too, and it’s what he does not like about his political self. So he’ll maybe let this adulation thing run its course, but no, he will not actually jump in the race and spoil the fun by making it real instead of a fantasy.

2. Wild Blue says:

If Al Gore were to win in a tooth competition! Heck, I will vote for him! Let us just beat the Bush; not around it!

Gore sure is playing it coy — the Associated Press reports tonight on a conversation with Roy Neel, the aide who runs Gore’s office:

“He’s making no plans, and we’re doing nothing,” said Neel, adding, “He’s not ruled it out in the future.”

Asked what “the future” meant, Neel said, “Sometime later than today.”

Like, say, next Tuesday, or never.

4. t-Co says:

I would enthusiastically support a Gore run for President. I would actually give money to him without expecting something in return (e.g. shirt, sticker, button, etc.). I would make phone calls, send mailers, write letters to my newspaper, knock on doors, man the headquarters… whatever I needed to do. Al, your country needs you, damn it!

5. Tom says:

I’m so disappointed by rich white guys promising to change Washington, that i no longer believe in politicians as custodians of change (unless it’s to promote more of the corporate agenda or to make themselves richer). After all, the citizenry have no lobby in Washington while every other vested interest group does.

6. J. Clifford says:

I remember Gore picking Joseph Lieberman for Vice President, and remain suspicious.

7. Iroquois says:

Gore has gotten so fat. You have to put his name under his picture because I don’t recognize him as the same person that was V.P.

I always had the impression he couldn’t think for himself and was always waiting for the ‘Captain may I’ answer from his PR handlers or whoever was controlling his strings.

Also, he doesn’t want it. A president should want to be president.

8. Vynce says:

I disagree. The best qualification for holding power is wanting someone better, but knowing there isn’t anyone else both better and willing.