Folsky-Talk Sarah Palin Took Away Shelter for Homeless Teenage Moms

Boy, that Sarah Palin sure can talk like she’s folksy, especially when someone writes a speech for her. But enough of the talk. But what about her action as Governor of Alaska? What did she DO to the people of Alaska?

I’ll tell you what she did: Sarah Palin cut out $1.1 million worth of shelter for poor teenage moms. These are girls facing life on the street that we’re talking about. These are homeless kids we’re talking about! Sarah Palin turned her back on homeless kids. Sarah Palin excised shelter for kids with babies of their own who were living without a home who had nowhere else to go.

Sarah Palin didn’t have to do that. Those cuts weren’t some part of an omnibus legislation package. No, Sarah Palin took away shelter for homeless teenage moms as a matter of complete choice on her part. She has the power of the line-item veto, and she specifically chose to take away roofs over the heads of teenage moms, vulnerable homeless kids with babies.

That’s not very folksy. It’s malicious, nasty, mean and small.

What kind of moral values are those?

I don’t want Sarah Palin anywhere near the Oval Office.

8 thoughts on “Folsky-Talk Sarah Palin Took Away Shelter for Homeless Teenage Moms”

1. Dietrich says:

This is all lies. People are jealous of Sarah palin .She is great and obama is afraid of her power. That is why people are lying about her.I hope she and John McCain will win and that she will be the President after McCain. Good luck Sarah. You can do it.

2. Damen says:

Jealous of her power? What’s she gonna do? Curse me with boils and turn my firstborn son into a toad if I don’t vote Republican?

Seriously, the “you’re just jealous” line is so old when I first heard it I rolled over in my crib and puked.

It’s not a lie. It’s true. It’s sourced. Sorry that embarrasses you into spewing forth, Dietrich, but that’s just the way it is.

4. Tom says:

Atta girl Dietrich – ignore the facts and vote for your own circumstances to get much worse! Let’s hear it for the party line!!

5. Green Man says:

Dietrich, these aren’t lies. They’re the truth you don’t want to confront.

The really sorry thing about Sarah Palin’s choice to cut shelter for homeless kids and babies is that she didn’t have to do this fiscally speaking: the Alaska Budget is in $4-5 Billion surplus. The surplus is not a consequence Palin’s management acumen — it’s a byproduct of the fact that Alaska state government gets a cut of oil revenues from drilling there.

The gigantic surplus gave Palin the opportunity to fully fund shelters for homeless teenage moms. Given the chance, Palin said NO to a roof over these homeless kids’ heads.

7. usamc2 says:

My first impression of Sarah Palin was “Peggy Hill” in real life. Remember the episode of “King of the Hill” when Peggy ran for school board against Nancy and Mihn?. McCain puts me in the mind of Elmer Fudd looking for Bugs Bunny… which way did they go, which way did they go? haha

8. Simone says:

These are the facts and they speak for themselves. I just wonder, she’s being compared alot to barack, but she isn’t running for president, that puts me at ease.