Help Knock on a Million Doors for Peace

mother davisMother Davis stops on her way out the door to write,

In a time when the Republicans have offered us a vice presidential candidate anointed by a preacher who advocates the stoning of non-Christian women, it seems that one simple lesson has been forgotten: We should be working together toward peace in the world.

Through the action of Million Doors for Peace, a coalition of organizations are encouraging Americans to talk to their neighbors about the serious ongoing problems with the war in Iraq, and gather signatures for a petition requesting legislation in Congress that requires “specific date to bring U.S. troops home from Iraq within a year.” The popular anti-war action will take place this Saturday, September 20, and it’s not too late for you to sign up.

It really isn’t a very radical idea – ending a war over five years old that never should have been started in the first place. Will you give it an hour or two this Saturday?

Going out of doors,
Mother Davis

6 thoughts on “Help Knock on a Million Doors for Peace”

1. Sam says:

Oh, yes…pleassssse come knockin’ on my door….pleaaaasssseeee!

2. kevin says:

Lonely? maybe some Mormons will visit.

best change your underware and put on some clothes….

3. Tom says:

Hey Sam, if you’re so goddamn gung ho about killing innocent people for your favorite oil company WHY DON’T YOU SIGN THE FUCK UP FOR A TOUR!? You hypocritical ignorant Rethuglican asshole.

Are you gleeful that Wall Street is crashing and that your money is heading for worthless as a direct result of the past 8 years of Republican “market” based mentality and deregulation? GREAT! Then give McCain the reins and we’ll become a police state too!

4. Sam says:

A Tour? Can’t I did MY tour in the 70’s…but all three of my kids signed up..twice…and did 1-2-and three tours….and I know the truth of what’s going on over there in both theaters…first hand as a parent….more than YOU can say…

and as for Wall street and money…I actually made money with both my stock portfolios beacuse I have a diverse spread…so did it affect me? No….

5. Tom says:

Sam, i’m proud (and sorry) that you and your children served in one of our nations (needless) wars, but you are completely wrong on the Wall Street affect. The debt from the ongoing “war on terror” and Afghanistan as well as the Wall Street (and other bailouts to come) is going to be paid by us taxpayers (which includes you and your kids and their kids too). Those are the facts. Meanwhile corporate America skates on, abusing labor and directing the government to do THEIR bidding via the k-street lobbyists.

6. Sam says:

There is NO tie between what happened on Wall Street and the Military Budget….none what so ever. And I and my Kids are proud of our service and we BELIEVE in the mission….no regrets…NONE!