Palinism of the Day: Foreign Policy Specifics, Ms. Palin?

At a Town Hall on September 17, 2008 for which you had to get a ticket from the GOP to get in:

Question: Governor Palin, there’s been quite a bit of discussion about your perceived lack of foreign policy experience. And I give you your chance: if you could please respond to that criticism and give us specific skills that you think you have to bring to the White House to rebut that or mitigate that concern.

Sarah Palin: Well, I think because I’m a Washington outsider that, uh, that opponents are going to be looking for a whole lot of things that they can criticize and they can kinda try to beat the candidate here, who chose me as his partner, to, um, to kind of tear down the ticket. But as for foreign policy, you know, I think that I am prepared and I know that on January 20th if we are so blessed as to be sworn into office as your President and Vice President, certainly we’ll be ready. I’ll be ready. I have that confidence. I have that readiness. And if you want specifics, specific policy or countries, go ahead and you can ask me. You can even play “Stump the Candidate” if you want to. But we are ready to serve.

In case you were wondering, yes, that was her entire response.

6 thoughts on “Palinism of the Day: Foreign Policy Specifics, Ms. Palin?”

1. Sam says:

Great! Now where’s today’s Bidenism?

“Great?” Does this mean you finally accept that Sarah Palin is an incompetent?

“Ladies and gentlemen, this is a simple, simple choice people have; it’s a choice between those who think that the marketplace and the corporations and the wealthy of America should go unfettered and have no regulation, and those of us who think there should be common-sense rules.” — Joseph Biden, September 18 2008.

3. Sam says:

No…just your definition of them….which means nothing….

Good one…wrong since it doesn’t match a Palinism…that’s was a simple Biden quote…..a Bidenism….like the recent one about telling a reporter he needs to work on his pecks….or telling a wheelchair bound man to stand….those kind of Bidenisms…..

4. Bob S-K says:

But Sam, you’re addressing this Palin issue by steering the discussion toward Biden. Are you content with Palin’s answer?

5. J. Clifford says:

Bob, Sam is repeating Sarah Palin’s answer: When you don’t have anything to say in response to a question, talk about something else.

How about all those specifics Sarah Palin gave… like the one where she promised to uh, do stuff, to be ready for, uh, things.

6. Sam says:

Yes….and you will too when she’s Vice president…or if guys kill off McCain…president. It’ll be fun just to watch you guys squirm at that….