What Happened to Irregular Times?

The content is the same, the face is different. We’ve got a lot more color, and a little bit more simplicity.

Why? It isn’t very irregular to always stay the same, that’s why. Maybe we’ll keep it this way for awhile. Maybe we’ll change it on to something else.

Let us know what you think.

7 thoughts on “What Happened to Irregular Times?”

1. Junga says:

Terrible top. The rest of it is serene.

2. Paliban Mom says:

Needs a little more division. For example, the search box . . . I had to click three times before I could get “into” it. It has no boundaries.

I agree, the red at top is a bit unsettling. Also, the header layout is a bit odd; English readers go left-right, top-down. Not left-right, middle-top-left-bottom. I’m naturally reading “Irregular Times for Print, News Unfit”.

The non-standard icons (like the RSS feed subscribe icon) could confuse people.

But I’m glad to see you experimenting with new ideas; for the quality and quantity of (albeit horrifically liberal and snarky and unGodly) writing, the old version looked somewhat amateurish.

As you know, I’m the reigning queen of amateurish-looking websites, so I can say that. :)

3. Paliban Mom says:

Oh, and your publishing date/time are missing.

4. TN Kid says:

I really like it.

5. Kimberly says:

Try purple at the top. I like it too — much more colorful. But you might need a bolder default font for the postings to help with the contrast against the blue. Also, the red dotted lines look like they should be separating different posts, but they don’t. The green slug-like line that is separating posts should be longer and more of a clear boundary. my 2c. I’m glad you’re playing with it in any case. :-)

Those are some pretty good suggestions… thanks, everyone!

6. Gary says:

Everything Kimberly said. Also, I would not know you sell stickers, shirts, etc. if I didn’t already know it. That is, the yellow text on blue background is hard to read, and images of shirts and stickers are much more attention-grabbing than text only.

What is that half inch of empty gray at the top?

I like the direction you are going!