To prepare and serve digital camera cheese soup, follow this recipe:
1 digital camera
7 cups water
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large carrots, grated
3 potatoes, diced
1 large onion, diced
2 yellow squash, grated
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 stalks green onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, diced
1 teaspoon canola oil
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 3 ounce package of gelatin powder
1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup Swiss cheese, grated
1/2 cup Fontina cheese, grated
1. Remove batteries and memory cards from digital camera. In medium saucepan combine camera and 3 cups water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 30-45 minutes.
2. In large stock pot combine 4 cups water, chicken broth, black pepper, salt, carrots, potatoes, squash and onions. Bring to boil. Simmer 15-20 minutes.
3. While vegetables and camera simmer, add canola oil to small skillet and bring to high heat. Saute celery and pepper for 2 minutes. Add celery and pepper to stock pot and simmer additional 5-10 minutes.
4. Remove camera from saucepan with slotted spoon or strainer. Set on drying rack for 10-15 minutes. Stir gelatin powder into water remaining in saucepan. Set saucepan aside to cool.
5. Add corn starch to stock pot, whisking until smooth. Reduce to low heat and add cheeses to pot, 1/4 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Continue to stir until cheese is melted and reaches a smooth consistency.
6. Remove stock pot from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Ladle soup from stock pot into bowls. Sprinkle green onions on top and serve.