My Banana Gets Furious About US Torture for a Bogus Iraq War (Video)

Some times, my anger about a subject is so strong that I can’t express myself directly without blowing a gasket. This morning is one of those times, so I’ve channeled myself through a banana. Here’s what he has to say:

The news is coming in so fast that it’s a little hard to keep track of it all, but let’s try.

On the one hand over here, we have information that one individual was waterboarded by the United States Government, suffocated 183 times under water. Another individual tortured 83 times at least, possibly more. The full list of individuals who have been tortured multiple times by the United States Government? Unknown.

On the other side over here, we have information about what the torture was for. McClatchy reports this morning that the object of all this torture was not necessarily to try to prevent a terror attack, but to try to dredge up some kind of claim that Saddam Hussein was behind the 9-11 attacks, justifying the choice to go to war against Iraq.

Multiple instances of torture. A desire to go to war. Put them together and you get what? Lots of torture. Hundreds of thousands of people dead. Thousands of Americans killed. A trillion dollars shoved down the rat hole. Our international reputation shot to hell.

Have you had enough? What are you going to do about it?

Forget the banana, but don’t forget his question. What are you and I going to do about this? What can we do about this?

11 thoughts on “My Banana Gets Furious About US Torture for a Bogus Iraq War (Video)”

1. qs says:

How do you make a video like that?

1. Anonymous says:

Why, find a talking banana, grab a camera, and press “record!” 😉

Crazy Talk.

1. qs says:

pro or standard edition?

Not that I am going to buy it…well I might. That thing looks pretty fun to learn.

1. qs says:

Ah…you sell T-shirts here. I thought those were ads in the corner that I’ve learned to ignore whenever I see them. Makes sense.

The last few posts have been about cafepress search trends for Newt Gingrich though so I wasn’t really thinking about the T-shirts as much as the searches, which is a odd fascination anyway.

2. qs says:

Isn’t it Obama, according to Thinkprogress, who rejected a 9/11 style committee to investigate torture?

If his advisers are upset with that then why don’t they resign.

You assume his advisers would be upset. Many of his advisers are institutional Democrats, not principled liberals.

But the answer is no, anyway. Today Obama actually declared that a 9/11 style committee would be the preferable way to go among the alternatives.

1. qs says:

Ron Paul and the judge were talking about the torture memos, and the judge claimed that the CIA was lying about preventing a second attack on LA?

What do you think?