The Corapi and Madonna Prophesies: No One Dead Yet

On October 17, 2008, Catholic priest and radio personality Father John Corapi used his religious position to issue forth a prediction:

If we do not soon stop the genocide of abortion in the United States, we shall run the course of all those that prove by their actions that they are enemies of God—total collapse, economic, social, and national.

Three years before that, in October of 2005, Rabbi Rafael Cohen condemned the pop singer Madonna for singing a song that contained the name “Yitzhak Luria”:

Jewish law forbids the use of the name of the holy rabbi for profit. Her act is just simply unacceptable and I can only sympathize for her because of the punishment that she is going to receive from the heavens.

Abortion is still legal in the United States, and Madonna’s song containing the words “Yitzhak Luria” is still available. The stock market’s higher than it was when Father Corapi uttered his dire prediction, we haven’t started any new wars, there haven’t been any terrorist attacks, and no Uruk Hai stalk the street in search of man flesh. Madonna is still happily and healthily on tour, even taking detours to Israel to sing at concerts and publish notes playing up her Kabbalah connections.

I did so totally collapse into my bed last night, though. Whew! Maybe that’s what Father Corapi was talking about.

6 thoughts on “The Corapi and Madonna Prophesies: No One Dead Yet”

1. Kevin says:

“we’re not at war”

errrr what?

Whoa, nelly, that was a big goof. Thanks for catching that, Kevin. I changed it to what I meant to write, which was “we haven’t started any new wars,” meaning that matters haven’t gotten worse.

2. le pelerin says:

If I were a betting man, I would bet Fr. Corapi is correct with what will happen to the US within 10 years. I hope he and I are wrong. All this could easily happen if China stops buying our dept. Then we’re screwed!
    I wish gold was cheaper, I’d be buying more!

3. Tom says:

Le pelerin: Gold won’t help and the mess that’s coming down on not only us but the entire world will be one of our own making. i truly believe we’re too stupid as a species to sustain our own existence – we’ve poisoned our fishbowl, sent the natural order out of balance chemically and it may take thousands of years before living conditions get back to what they were, if ever.

We’re on our way out, so enjoy your time while you can.

1. le pelerin says:

Tom, Jim will say you’re prophesizing! Can’t do that!

I would say he’s predicting, and it hasn’t worked out that way so far.