Poll: Where Should We Put the Palestinian State?

As you may have heard, 2012 Republican Presidential Mike Huckabee has declared that the Palestinians cannot expect to have a Palestinian state in Palestine. Huckabee declared that Israelis should be able to plant communities wherever they want to in the West Bank. But where do the Palestinians go when the Israelis move in? Huckabee answered:

“The question is should the Palestinians have a place to call their own? Yes, I have no problem with that. Should it be in the middle of the Jewish homeland? That’s what I think has to be honestly assessed as virtually unrealistic. My question is how the government of the United States would feel if Prime Minister Netanyahu began to dictate which people could live in the Bronx, which ones could live in Manhattan and which could live in Queens.”

By analogy, for Mike Huckabee all of the West Bank is not just territory occupied by Israel but part of Israel itself. That’s not the understanding of international law, but what the hey, let’s go with it. If Palestinians shouldn’t live in, you know, Palestine, what place should they have to call their own? If we’re going to follow Mike Huckabee’s advice, where should the Palestinian state go?

I have a few ideas. You tell me which one is best.

[poll id=”5″]

8 thoughts on “Poll: Where Should We Put the Palestinian State?”

1. qs says:

Suckabee

2. ReMarker says:

Anything Huckabee declares is inherently wrong by virtue of Huckabee declaring it.

Those are interesting choices for a Palestinian State. It’s hard to know which is best.

The closest proximity to Jeruslem (Islam’s Al-Aqsa Mosque is there) is Another new island off Dubai, so I voted that.

3. randy ray haugen says:

my choice would have been new orleans’ ninth ward.
    the republicans did such a great job there huckabee
    would want to move in with them. i think they still have a lot of fema trailers left.
    oklahoma is more arid and the palestinian people would think it’s “just like home”, so that got my vote.

Where do we put the Oklahomans? Tel Aviv?

4. A.S says:

I since “Palestine” is nothing more then fantasy, I voted From Bali to Cali far beneath the Coral Sea.

5. Paul says:

This is an insulting poll. What if we asked where in Germany Israel should be located – maybe all of Bavaria, given the history? Oh, bad taste?

The Palestinians – as any dispossessed people – should have their homeland and, in this case, where the United Nations and its members has settled on the West Bank and Gaza – land seized in 1967. To do anything else is to reward Israeli foot dragging on behalf of a fanatical religious/political minority in Israel to just take the conquered land. We generally call that imperialism in the real world.

Let’s get peace in the Middle East and take this issue away from radical fundamentalist partisans from islam, Christianity and Judaism.

Yes, Paul. That’s my point.