They Took Jesus Out of the Eighth Amendment!

This morning, “jeff” of Whitehall, Ohio wrote in to defend the city’s practice of putting exclusively Christian religious symbols up on city streets and in front of city hall. Jeff huffs,

What will you want next, references to the “Creator” removed from the constitution?

When I went to read the U.S. Constitution this morning, I could not find anything about the “Creator” in it. “God” is also not in the Constitution. “Jesus” is also conspicuously missing, as are “Satan,” the “Virgin Mary,” “St. Francis of Assisi,” and the “Trinity.”

Who took them out? Where did they go? This is a scandal, I tell you! A scandal!

Hey, wait a minute. Barack Obama is President of the United States. “Creator” isn’t in the Constitution. Coincidence? Just think about it.

18 thoughts on “They Took Jesus Out of the Eighth Amendment!”

1. jeff says:

Jim, You crack me up.

2. jeff says:

Jim was right in only one thing in his response in what I wrote. The word “Creator” isn’t in the constitution. It’s in the Declaration of Independance. Everything else Jim wrote in his response is hyperstupidity.
    Jim, You really crack me up.

You mean “St. Francis of Assisi” is in the Constitution? I had no idea. When did they put it back in? Did Joe Biden do it?

Pop Quiz: Which one of the two following documents has the force of law?

A) Declaration of Independence
      B) United States Constitution

1. qs says:

C)what the president does

Can we choose C instead?

Well when the president does it, that means that it is not illegal.

Excellent bleak humor, qs.

1. jeff says:

The media has indeed helped to elevate the office to near kingship status instead of a public servant (no sarcasm in this one Jim).

3. ReMarker says:

Please refer to my post on the “Pictures of Government Christianity in Whitehall, Ohio” thread, link :

Maybe a review of some facts will influence your
    “hyperstupidity” opinion of Jim’s writings, before you acquire that description in reference to your own.

4. Jeff says:

Jim, You made a giant leap when you went from an admited mistake in historical documents to “scandal” and any references to Obama. I define that as hyperstupidity.

No, I made a giant mock.

5. Jeff says:

I made no reference to “St. Francis of Assisi” but are you saying that the Declaration of Independance has no relevance to the foundation of America?

Ooh, slick. Let me use that tactic back on ya:

I made no reference to “foundations,” but are you saying that killing babies with weed whackers is a good thing?

1. jeff says:

Tactical foul? Now THAT’S ironic.

6. jeff says:

Jim, There you go with hyperstupidity again.

1. ReMarker says:

Hyperstupidity or hypersarcastic or hypersatirical? Stupidity is not a description that pops in my mind when I read Jim’s words. On the other hand…

1. Anonymous says:

Was that a lefthanded comment or a righthanded comment?

7. jeff says:

One giant mock for Jim, one giant leap of hyperstuidity for mankind. The left and right are full of this type of devisive rhetoric that is dividing the country and it’s getting rather dangerous. It’t time for the massive majority middle (MMM for short) to stand up and activate the middle ground! I’ll start a web site and sell T-shirts! I’ll change the world or at least history!!! How am I doing Jim?

1. jeff says:

Jim, I have to apologize. I should not have responded to you as I did.