Remember John Shadegg Laughing It Up About Tanking Economy

Mem’ries
May be beautiful and yet
What’s too painful to remember
We simply choose to forget…

Representative John Shadegg, 2007 Conservative Leadership Conference:

Uh, you know, I have friends back home in Arizona who say, “Oh, gosh, the economy is tanking, it’s going down, we’re in trouble.” And they’ve told me that, like, every six months like clockwork! Ha ha ha, yeah!

So it’s the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember
The way we were
The way we were

8 thoughts on “Remember John Shadegg Laughing It Up About Tanking Economy”

1. qs says:

You’re blaming the republicans for the current economic troubles even though the dems control everything?

Yes. When did the economy crash?

1. qs says:

Well the Democrats have had house and the senate since 2006 right?

You’re right that the Democrats aren’t blameless. Both the GOP and the DNC are dominated by a pro-corporate, investment banker, hedge-fund happy agenda.

But Shadegg is a real tool’s tool.

1. qs says:

Just because he didn’t predict the downturn? Why don’t you post some Barney Frank quotes saying that Fanny and Freddie were on great footing just before they collapsed with that label then?

No, and yes, if I find them. I’m sure you’re aware we have no compunction about criticizing Democrats.

2. Jacob says:

Wasnt the housing problem caused for the most part by Clinton? And wasnt the housing problem for the most part one of the biggest reasons for the collapse??? I am not economically smart so I may be talking out of my back side, but thats the way I understand it…

3. qs says:

The business cycle is artificial.

It’s mostly a creation of a the Federal Reserve.