Which Tree Stump Is The Virgin Mary?

No one has been able to successfully complete the find the virgin in the window contest from earlier this week. Maybe it was too hard. Not everyone can locate the Blessed Mother when she’s playing hide and seek in a pane of glass.

So, for this coming Sunday morning, all you believers out there are getting a new challenge. In Rathkeale, in the County of Limerick, in Ireland, church members have begun to worship a tree stump, forming pilgrimages to it, making it offers of trinkets, praying to it, and such manner of things. Why? They say that it’s an incarnation of the Virgin Mary.

Below you see 8 different tree stumps. One of these is the stump in Rathkeale, Ireland that local Catholics insist is the Virgin Mary. So, can you tell which one of these stumps is a holy virgin, and which of them are less pure?

Be the first to select the correct stump, and you’ll get a free pair of tickets to the Rathkeale Virgin Mary Amusement Park… as soon as it’s open for business.

No fair searching through news articles about the supposed apparition. Just look at the stumps and play find the wooden virgin.

virgin mary stump quiz

26 thoughts on “Which Tree Stump Is The Virgin Mary?”

I found one heckuva wooden schnozz there in the upper left, but that’s about all I see.

2. qs says:

I don’t see the Virgin Mary.

I have a challenge. See how far you can make it into this shiz before puking.

1. qs says:

It’s 25 minutes so it takes will power to make it.

3. Sean says:

hm mother nature is the best abstract artiste^.^

4. hendrix says:

Those trees all look very promiscuous to me. The middle one sort of looks like Mary in a “slutty witch” Halloween costume.

5. ramone says:

i give up.

1. Jacob says:

Its the middle on the left hand side. I am not Catholic but I can type and search “virgin mary stump”. (I am wondering if we need to have the what is different between Catholics and Christians class again… some of you have failed to listen)

No, we’ve listened. We just don’t agree with you that “what JACOB says is Christian” equals “what is Christian.” You’ve raised your opinion that the Roman Catholic Church is not Christian, and that’s very interesting to hear, but millions of people, European history, the crucifixes in the chapels, and the Bibles read from before the homilies disagree with you. You don’t have to agree with them. They don’t have to agree with you.

1. Jacob says:

Jim, funny you should say it is only me. The vast majority of the Evangelical Church believes that the Catholic church is not Christian. I am not operating on the fringe…

I didn’t say “what ONLY JACOB says.” You inserted that.

2. Jacob says:

you imply a lot when you all cap my name and you know it. Slight of hand only works in some situations…

Wow. That’s a surprise: if I all-caps your name, it means I think you’re the only person in the universe who believes something? That’s an interesting conclusion. I will have to keep that in mind in the future. And when I write “I,” I don’t mean to imply that I’m the only person in the universe who needs to keep that in mind. 8)

4. Jacob says:

so explain what this…
            “We just don’t agree with you that “what JACOB says is Christian” equals “what is Christian.” ”

You are a guy who makes keystrokes carefully. You say exactly what you want. “Only” was a bad word choice on my part, I dont play the game as well as you do, but dont go dishonest on me. You are playing a word game and you know it…

back to the main point, there is a reason most of us call ourselves “Evangelical Christians”. Its because of the twisting of definitions has left us clumped in a group by people no much different then yourself. The term has been cheapened, it is losing its meaning.

It means what it says. You inserted an “only,” and I did not write “only,” and I did not mean “only.” In other words, I wrote what I meant and I meant what I wrote.

2. F.G. Fitzer says:

You know, if you have to Google it to distinguish the Virgin Mary, the Mother of God, a supernatural face of the creator of the Universe, from a tree stump…

6. Kevin says:

“You’ve raised your opinion that the Roman Catholic Church is not Christian,” …

EVERYONE knows that the cat-o-licks are pagan idol worshippers of the worst kind.

Fish-head hats on their popes; pagan signs on their props; a severe animist fetish. They were corrupted long ago and turned away from the true word of DOG and started to worship the Babylonian Sun God instead.

7. ramone says:

i never knew that the evangelicals don’t believe the catholics are christians. do the catholics believe they are christians? do the catholics believe the evangelicals are not christian? if the catholics are not christians, then what are they?

and jacob, no fair searching with google!

1. Jacob says:

Catholics believe that Evangelicals are living outside communion with God and are saved but are WAY off and living outside of communion with God… I believe that Catholic is a cult but I am not sure what the official definition is. They are considered a seperate religion. the Split of all things is right there. Catholics on one side and Protestants on the other

8. nana says:

I see three images of the Virgin Mary. If you open your heart and have faith you will see what I see.

1. F.G. Fitzer says:

Does that mean that Jesus had three mommies? Jesus was the child of lesbian polygamy? Far out!

You’re having open heart surgery? Goodness, nana, ask for anesthesia next time… and leave the Blackberry at home!

9. Peggy says:

What’s this, a post mocking Christians who see the image of the Blessed Virgin in a tree stump? Christian bashing on the Irregular Times? Shocking!

Bashing and mockery are not the same thing. If your religion can’t stand a little mocking, it must not be very strong. If someone pointing out an absurdity of your religion somehow bashes your religion to the core, then your religion must have been pretty weak to begin with.

2. J. Clifford says:

Okay, Peggy, you haven’t really addressed the point, which is to call into question:

A. Whether it’s really possible to distinguish the supposed appearance of the “Blessed Virgin” from a regular old tree stump
      B. Why a spirit who could appear to anyone at any time, and speak to believers directly, would choose to appear instead in a smudge of wood.

You call it mockery. Fine. The underlying point, however, is to encourage a little critical thinking. What problem do you have with a little critical thinking?

10. Peggy says:

“If your religion can’t stand a little mocking, it must not be very strong.” — Jim

What religion is that, Jim?

Would you feel better if they saw Obama’s image on the tree stump? Would they be a little less ignorant then?

You don’t check up much, do you? We’ve been criticizing priorities of the Obama administration since Inauguration Day.