It’s less than a month now until the 2010 congressional elections are all done with, and the day after Election Day, the 2012 presidential campaign season officially begins. So, are Americans getting ready for 2012?
Well, yes they are, in a sense. The following is a list of the names of the top ten 2012 pages at Squidoo, a site that lets people set up mini sites for free, according to their interests. It’s not a perfect representation of the mindset of the American people as a whole, but the list does give a clue, I think of the general direction in which the national mindset is regarding the upcoming presidential election.
1. The world is going to end at – 2012
2. Predictions for 2009 through 2012, and Beyond
3. Sarah Palin An American / 2012 President Poll
4. What’s Going to Happen in 2012?
5. 2012 Secrets | The Secrets of 2012
6. Armageddon 2012 | Surviving the Coming Doomsday
7. Earthquake, Tsunami, 2012, and Bible prophecy
8. Is Barack Obama the Antichrist? Supports Mayan 2012
9. Nostradamus Prophecies and 2012
10. Zombie Apocalypse vs 2012 Mayan Calendar
Only one of these pages actually focuses on the 2012 presidential election. Almost all of them have to do with ancient prophecies that the world will end two years from now. It’s suggestive evidence that the American people may be more interested in ancient Mayan calendars, Nostradamus and the Bible Code that they are in the survival of their own democracy.
In a democracy, we get the government that we collectively deserve. Our just deserts are on the way… so watch out. The Mayan calendar conspiracy theories may look like a walk in the park compared to what we’ll see in the 2012 elections.