Primary Victory Goes To… Jill Stein!

Did you hear the news of the remarkable presidential primary victory today? The results came out just a few minutes ago. The victor won 71 percent of the vote!

Mitt Romney did not win this primary, either. To be honest, that’s because he wasn’t even in the running.

The primary I’m writing about wasn’t in Maryland, Washington DC, or Wisconsin. It was the Green Party primary in Colorado.

The winner was Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein. She got 5 out of the 7 delegates awarded. It’s her 10th straight primary election victory.

2012 green party presidential candidate

8 thoughts on “Primary Victory Goes To… Jill Stein!”

1. Richard Winger says:

It’s just vocabulary, but it makes me itchy to see the word “primary” used for events that are not publicly-administered elections. I don’t know if Colorado Green Party members awarded delegates by coming to a meeting, or if they voted on-line, or by mail ballot, but the article would be more interesting if it told us how it was conducted. Colorado elections officials have never conducted a presidential primary for any parties other than the Democratic and Republican Parties. The way this story is written, it might cause some readers to think that this was a government-run presidential primary.

2. Tom says:

Great! Keep it up Jill – i’ll write you in here in fracking PA!

3. J. Clifford says:

Jill Stein has also won the Washington D.C. Green Party primary – though just with 57 percent of the vote.

1. Stephen Kent Gray says:

J, her website says:

District of Columbia – 66% of the vote in state-sponsored primary on April 3rd – 3 of 4 delegates

4. Charles Manning (manning120) says:

It would be so much more meaningful and interesting if there was any news about a contest between Jill Stein and named others. All I ever hear is that she’s winning primary elections. Nothing about her opposition, the issues, and other factors that the MSM tells us about ad nauseum when it comes to their candidates (Democrat and Republican). Couldn’t some non-MSM source provide such information to people like me who don’t belong to the Green Party? Or have I been missing something in the MSM?

1. Charles Manning (manning120) says:

After I posted the the above, the word “contest” was turned into a link to something. I didn’t do that and don’t know how it happened.

2. Stephen Kent Gray says:

Green Party Watch is a news blog for the Green Party. It’s probably the best site for such info.

5. Richard Winger says:

The Colorado Green Party chose its delegates at a state convention, so the word “primary” in the title, in my opinion, ought to be changed.