Luxury Handbag Challenge

This is the inaugural installment of the Irregular Times extreme luxury shopping challenge.

One of the purses you see below is sold by Hermes, and costs $8,650.00. The other purse is sold by Target, and costs $19.99.

hermes and merona

Without searching elsewhere online, can you identify which of these handbags is the extreme luxury handbag from Hermes? Can you explain what makes it worth $8,630.00 more than the handbag from Target?

13 thoughts on “Luxury Handbag Challenge”

1. NoBushObama says:

A is the expensive one.

2. Peregrin Wood says:

How do you know? Why do you think that’s the expensive one?

1. NoBushObama says:

My initial thought was because it has dbl loop straps and it looks like leather. (yuck for me – vegan) The dbl loop straps will hold better than the metal clamps touching ea. other. I like the other one better though. It looks more sophisticated. It would be more of a business purse.

3. NomNomNom says:

I don’t “know” which purse is the Hermes one, I don’t even own a purse, but I think it is B. That ugly horizontal band is all over this year. Personally, I like A better, but I bet it’s the Target one. As to why someone would pay that much money for a purse, well for the same reason people buy anything more expensive than they need: to display wealth.

1. NoBushObama says:

Oh and the dbl stitching indicates more labor.

4. NoBushObama says:

BTW, I never even heard of “hermes”. I like Susan Nichole’s purses. She’s vegan and well, they are little pricey too.

1. NomNomNom says: Those are nice (but too expensive), I like the motif on the Gia and Sophia purses, they look Kazakh.

5. NoBushObama says:

So which one is Hermes? I just went to their site and didnt see any matching purses. I’m still sticking with A. More stitching , the strap and leather look – Nomnomnom, I cant believe you think B is ugly? It does have the rubber adjustment component on it which is a giveaway too but I think it looks more classier than A.

1. NomNomNom says:

B is just wussy looking. I really hate that band to keep it shut. Plus the fittings are too shiny and flimsy looking. But its proportions are better than A. and the sewing in A isn’t so great, there is some pucker at the seams and the zipper is displayed rather than concealed. I’m sticking with B for the Hermes. A isn’t very classy, it is sort of retro 70s, but it would look a lot better with my army boots, lol. And unlike probably both those purses, they were made in USA. 🙂

1. NoBushObama says:

” look a lot better with my army boots, lol. And unlike probably both those purses, they were made in USA.”

Cheers for that comment!

6. t ball says:

$8650? Does it cure cancer? Make Rush Limbaugh go mute?

7. flipped54 says:

It’s B…..I need dental work and it will cost me @$1800 with insurance coverage. That’s alot of money and I will have to wait until I can save some money to get it done. I guess I will have to wait with buying a Hermes for my girl friend too!!!! NOT!!! Not even on my list…..superficiality is not a priority for her or me.

8. Handbags Deals says: