Document Dump: Pages 1-18 of the Americans Elect Mission Report

Three days ago, I made available the first nine pages of the Americans Elect Mission Report. The privatized-presidential-election corporation has not made its Mission Report available to the American public or to its rank-and-file delegates, but thankfully Harvard Professor David King passed along a paper copy of the report to me when asked. Today I’ve added another nine pages so that now you can read the first 18 pages of the Mission Report for yourself.

There’s still a fair amount of the report left to scan in, but I will eventually share the whole report with you. As I add to it, free to share the document with others you think might find the information useful.

7 thoughts on “Document Dump: Pages 1-18 of the Americans Elect Mission Report”

1. Korky Day says:

Thanks. I read it. Please link this to the first 9 pages, at least. It’s going to be very confusing and arduous to have a separate article and different comment threads for each chunk of 9 pages. How many pages are there?

My newest comments about AE:
    AE unsuccessfully tries to white-wash its crash-and-burn disaster of 2012.
    To do all that work and spend all those millions, yet fail to nominate their highest-vote-getters? Scandal! Extreme prejudice and manipulation from the top of AE.
    A bit of Internet research reveals many credible specific accusations that AE should answer, apologize for, and fix, not just ignore.

Another major AE failing is more understandable, as few US Americans realize the necessity of ranked ballots. Nevertheless, AE is supposed to include innovative leaders, so they should know about and employ the “instant run-off”. See http://www.demochoice.org .

Yes, there are a lot of pages to the report — and I already linked to the other page in the article. Plus, all articles are linked together by the hyperlinked category “Americans Elect” — look at the bottom of the article.

2. Korky Day says:

At the bottom it says,
    This entry was posted in Alternative Parties, Americans Elect, Election 2012, Politics and tagged 18 pages, americans elect, document, dump, transparency, update. Bookmark the permalink.

I don’t understand any of that. I’m not a computer expert. I’m an ordinary person.
    Do I click on one of those to find the comments on the 1st 9 pages? Which one? Or more than one? Way too confusing. You just want me to start clicking away and see what happens? You think I have nothing better to do than play around and experiment?

1. I already linked to the prior discussion in the article.
      2. You caught me in my diabolical scheme. Mwah ha ha.

3. Korky Day says:

I don’t think I’m up for reading more than 66 pages, anyway. Probably few of your readers will. So, as long as you’re reading them anyway, please just show us the dirty parts, as you’ve started to do.

4. Benjamin Barber says:

are you timing the release of further pages for readership numbers, is it really difficult to scan all those pages? p.s. fex ex machines can scan all them in 5 minutes, compared to flat bed scanners.

I hope that’s not a rhetorical question. FedEx costs a fair chunk of change for scanning and I’m not independently wealthy, I don’t live near a FedEx office, I have limited time on my hands and I’m scanning in and converting the document when I can. I’m going out of my way to share information that Americans Elect has not bothered to share with the public; it just takes time to process the document. I’ll get there.