All this time, you thought that there was something wrong with you, because of that feeling that you just can’t figure out the meaning of life. You’ve tried meditation, but you just get fidgety.
Maybe, explains Alex Knapp of Forbes Magazine, your problem is just that you haven’t been using the right app.
Knapp writes, “The practice of meditation is centuries old, and its benefits are proven. It relieves stress and anxiety, it can relieve pain, and has other benefits that scientists are currently studying. From my own perspective, I’ve found it invaluable. What’s been difficult, however, is finding a decent meditation app.”
Perhaps Knapp can find a way to partner with Rick Hanson, who has created a Buddha’s Brain App, which promises to deliver enlightenment for the low, low price of $4.99. Hanson writes, “This app will show you how to rewire your brain over time, including how to:
- Take in good experiences to feel happier and more confident
- Cool down stress, anxiety, sorrow, frustration, and anger
- Energize the neural networks of compassion, empathy, and love – and clear out resentment, envy, guilt, and loss
- Improve attention for daily life, mindfulness, and meditation
- Feel more at one with the world, and less separate and vulnerable”
Just think: Siddhartha Gautama could have avoided all that trouble if only he had an iPhone.