Last month, I started checking into the claims made by someone calling himself “Dr. Mark Stengler” who along with Brian Chambers of Health Revelations was sending me promotional e-mails and links to web pages.  These e-mails and web pages, all claiming to come from from Brian Chambers and this “Dr. Mark Stengler,” promise that there is a secret “Bible Code” hidden in the Bible’s Book of Matthew Chapter 4.  “When you follow these instructions,” declares the message supposedly from Dr. Mark Stengler, “something truly miraculous happens…Cancer… any type of cancer… can no longer survive in your body.”

There are at least ten indications that this supposed Matthew 4 Cancer Cure is a scam, and there is no systematic and publicly available evidence that it actually rids the body of cancer.  While promotional literature for the so-called “Matthew 4 Protocol” promises that it is available for “free,” a long trail of promotional junk websites and e-mails ends up at a message asking for a $19 subscription to a newsletter called “Dr. Mark Stengler’s Health Revelations” if you really want to receive the supposed cure.  This is not what real doctors do with real cancer treatments that really work.

The scam is so clumsy and exploitative that I had to ask myself: is the real Mark Stengler — who doesn’t have an M.D. and hasn’t gone to a traditional medical school but calls himself Dr. because he got a degree in naturopathy — really involved in this apparent scam, or is his name being attached to a scam without his permission?  Could the real Mark Stengler be a victim of all this?

It turns out that on Mark Stengler’s Facebook business page, people had already started asking him if this was some kind of “internet scam” and if he was responsible for it. Mark Stengler didn’t answer their questions straight on, but did tell people that this was connected to the business that distributed his newsletter. This means that he is at least indirectly connected to the Matthew 4 Protocol claims.  But is there a direct link?  On March 9, I posted questions to Mark Stenger over Twitter and on his Facebook business page:

Facebook message from Irregular Times: Dr. Stengler, a web page and an e-mail message suggest that you have

Within a day, others started posting to Facebook, demanding that my question be answered.  The day after that, Mark Stengler’s Facebook page deleted my question and the questions of others rather than answer them.

To tell you the truth, at this point I was willing to let the matter drop.  I figured that either the real Mark Stengler — or the person using his name on the internet — had been embarrassed into withdrawing his scam from circulation.

Then I got another e-mail solicitation for the quack “Matthew 4 Protocol” this week, again appearing to be sent by one “Dr. Mark Stengler”:

An Advertisement Sent under the name of Dr. Mark Stengler on March 24 2014 with links promising that he has checked out and verified a cure for cancer.

Those links head, just as before, to this web page promising that “Dr. Mark Stengler” has “fact checked” and “verified” a Matthew 4 Bible Code cure for cancer.

Well, enough is enough.  This kind of cruel commercial appeal, exploiting the desperation of dying people and their loved ones, can’t just keep going on unanswered.  Either Mark Stengler is involved or he is a victim, and it’s time to find out which.  So I’ve written the following letter:

Jim Cook
Irregular Times
52 Conway Road
Camden, ME 04843

March 29, 2014

Dr. Mark Stengler
Stengler Center for Integrative Medicine
324 Encinitas Blvd
Encinitas, CA 92024

Dear Dr. Stengler,

I am writing to formally ask you the question that I asked through your business page on Facebook. My question to you and other questions of the same nature posed by other individuals were unfortunately deleted, requiring this letter.

A web page linked to from multiple e-mail messages in February and March of 2014 suggest that you have “fact checked” and “verified” a mysterious treatment labeled the Matthew 4 Protocol, which is proclaimed to prevent “any cancer” from surviving in the body. Copies of the web page and a sample e-mail message have been preserved for archival purposes via the following web pages:

“Dr. Mark Stengler’s” E-Mail to Me Regarding the Matthew 4 Protocol

To get right to the point, is this true? Have you indeed “fact checked” and “verified” that the Matthew 4 Protocol for cancer treatment works so that “something truly miraculous happens…Cancer… any type of cancer… can no longer survive in your body”? (ellipses in original message sent under your name)

The alternative is also important. Has someone been using your name without permission to make such claims?

I would appreciate your prompt written response in this regard.

Sincerely,

Jim Cook
Irregular Times

The letter is in the mail. I will let you know if I receive an answer from Dr. Stengler, who surely will receive this question now. I will also let you know, on a regular basis, if I have not received an answer. If you want to see an answer from Dr. Stengler, I strongly suggest you also write him a letter and post it on the internet as I have done.

21 thoughts on “Mark Stengler (or someone using his name) is hawking the Matthew 4 Cancer Scam Again”

1. Bill says:

Is it OK if I don’t hold my breath until he answers you?

BTW: Herr Doctor Stengler’s Yelp reviews are great fun to read. A few five-stars, and a whoooole lot of one-stars basically boiling down to “I was robbed”.

Oh, please don’t. I fully expect Herr Doctor Nature to ignore the letter. But you know me: I want to document that.

My favorite parts of the reviews are the responses by Stengler’s office. Do HIPAA privacy laws apply to not real naturopathic doctors?

1. Bill says:

I’m sure the good doctor would be the first to admit (at least within earshot of a Federal agent) that he isn’t practicing medicine. In which case I would assume HIPAA doesn’t apply. Another good reason to run like hell.

Stengler has not replied.

Still no answer from Mark Stengler.

4. Don Spiegel says:

“Dr. Stengler’s” Matthew 4 protocol is still being pushed on the web as of 7/5/14. Making the claims for curing cancer, heart arrythmias and a variety of other ailments. Has all the hallmarks of a major scam. The claims are tantalizing to anyone who is desperately seeking a cure. Attributing the cure to a Bible passage is especially likely to hook the people who believe that truth lies in the scriptures. Will the REAL Dr. Stengler emerge from the shadows and take responsbility for all the crap that is being posted online under his name? So far, the answer seems to be “No Way” Jose.

5. Greg says:

You forgot the phone #.

Contact Us. Dr. Mark Stengler (760) 274-2377. Stengler Center for Integrative Medicine 324 Encinitas Blvd Encinitas, CA 92024.

Here in August, and still no answer from Mark Stengler.

7. Aaron says:

I just got an emaile today from his sidekick Brian Chambers an i am here in Ireland. Weird thing was it was sent through eHealthForum.com (no-reply@health.ibemail.com which i think my bee a legit site. Ir at least it’s pretending to be that anyway.

1. Aaron says:

Apologies for the bad spelling mistakes :L. I think you’ll get the gist of it though.

8. Guy says:

I’m pretty late to the party… but just so you know, those emails are from New Market Health (literally at the bottom of the email). It’s his publishing company. They publish stuff in his name because that’s what publishing companies do. He checks, or is supposed to check/sign off on everything that goes through them. Don’t worry, mate. It’s a pretty common practice.

If peddling bullshit quackery is a pretty common practice, mate, then blow me down, blimey and wozzers, but we oughter worry about that, pieces of eight.

9. Olga Owen says:

I got some books from Dr. Mark Stengler. I also purchased some vitamins etc and was told to subscribe to a news letter that I have not received yet. Everyday I get E-mails from so call o a man named Chamber in regard to some videos that last 15 minutes. I claims that there is a cure for each sickness listed I am getting too many e-mails, it becomes annoying after a while. I would like to know if the pills for memory are on the level, and I have ordered some bottles that you rub where the pain is, Not received yet. I want to know if it is on the level or if it is a scam. I usually very cautious before I order but…Hows can I find out? Should I call the better Business Bureau and/or???

10. Kim Ogle says:

I recently wrote Dr Stengler a letter also, informing him of a problem with 1 of the supplement companies he endorses. I purchased “daily beauty”, a multi vitamin type powder that I was willing to pay the premium price it sells for based on: 1. Dr. Stengler’s recommendation & 2. their assurance of a money back guarantee if not satisfied. When the 30-day supply arrived, it was 3 days before the expiration date on the pkg. I contacted them, & asked for replacement. The kind operator informed me that “even after the expiration date, the product is still helpful”. I objected, & she promised replacement. Long story short, 5 ph calls &/or letters later, I still dont have my $ back “guarantee” honored. We’ll see if Dr. S. cares enough to respond.

11. Just Me says:

I’ve been receiving these e-mails from this same Dr. They were promising me the book for all the natural cures for free, shipping included. I listened to the drivel for about 10 minutes and somehow they very cunningly started that the newsletters would only cost me x amount of pennies a day . It went from telling me they would send me this “book” free to informing me that it would “only” cost me x amount of money for the newsletter. At that point I stopped the silly “video” and deleted it. I’ll try to get off their mail list. This does sound like a scam.

1. ROSE says:

THIS IS A SCAM, WHEN WILL I EVER LEARN TO TRUST PEOPLE, ORDERING THROUGH INTERNET.

12. ROSE says:

I WAS STUPID ENOUGH ALSO TO BELIEVE IN ORDERING THE BOOK WHICH THEY ADVERTISE WAS$49.00 AND SHIPPING WAS FREE. I DID RECEIVE THE BOOK 2 WKS. LATER , NEEDLESS TO SAY I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED IN THE BOOK . I ALSO RECEIVED MY BILL WHICH I UNFORTUNATELY PAID WITH CREDIT CARD .I WAS CHARGED $149.00. which I DID NOT AUTHORISE : when I CALLED THEM TO INQUIRE WHY I WAS CHARGED THAT AMOUNT THEY SAID THIS AMOUNT OF MONEY WAS FOR LIFE MEMBERSHIP.

1. ROSE says:

THIS IS ALL A MONEY MAKING RACKET AND A BIG SCAN

13. Grammie B says:

I am sooo soo sorry to hear all of this. I have been following Dr. Stengler for some time on the internet and basically enjoyed and trusted everything he said because of his stand for Christ and his boldness and including the prayer books which were very nice etc.showed me he was not afraid to stand up for his faith,
    What I don’t understand is why he doesn’t answer you. I find it hard to see how he could have such a thriving business everyday with all of this deception going on. It almost makes me believe it’s sooo obnoxious that it is you that is causing the scam.
    May I ask one simple question? If it really is this important to you and it now definately is to us that are dying and sick and had no knowledge of this, isn’t there some way you could (call , be a patient)and sit down with him face to face?. As a Christian who definitely does not hide the fact, he is bound by his church and testimony to give a true answer. because if he
    IS DOING THESE TERRIBLE THINGS I DON’T THINK YOU ARE TAKING THIS NEAR FAR ENOUGH. THE NEWS MEDIA AND CHRISTIAN NEWS SITED NEED TO BE INFORMED TO EITHER CLEAR HIS GOOD NAME AS A CHRISTIAN OR STOP HIS HURTING CHRISTIAN PEOPLE THAT ARE BELIEVING HIM SIMPLY BECAUSE OF HIS STAND. AND YOU SEEM LIKE YOU CARE ENOUGH TO BE JUST THE ONE TO HELP ALL OF US THAT ARE TOO WEAK TO TAKE THIS ON.
    WOULD YOU CONSIDER THIS PLEASE SIR?. YOU HAVE STIRRED UP A LOT OF INTEREST, HURT, AND FEAR. NOW WILL YOU SEE IT THROUGH SO YOU CAN BE BLESSED. AND EITHER HELP HIM OR STOP HIM. ?
    I KNOW THE lORD WILL HELP YOU IF YOU CHOOSE THE RIGHT WAY FOR THE RIGHT REASON. AS THE SAYING GOES (EITHER PUT UP OR SHUT UP ) WHAT WILL IT BE,????????THIS IS MY QUESTION TO YOU???? NOW I WANT TO SEE HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR YOU TO ANSWER ME. I HOPE NOT AS LONG AS YOU SAID IT’S TAKING HIM TO ANSWER YOU !!

14. KATHLEEN BACKHUS says:

why are there still red stars by my name and e-mail. this is me and the only email I have?

15. J C Macdonald says:

Scottish trials on “old blood” ? Mach a seo. Scottish trials on synthetic blood, however, yes. Completely different issue and unlikely to be backed by this Dr as relates to stem cell research.