June 2014 was the 3rd warmest June on Record for Planet Earth
“What Global Warming?” — Investor’s Business Daily editorial, April 30 2014.
What global warming? This global warming:
NASA’s Goddard Institue for Space Studies has released updated temperature data to include readings through June 2014, readings taken from weather stations around the globe. These records indicate the following:
- Winter 2014 was the seventh warmest Winter for Planet Earth in NASA’s records, records that stretch back to 1880.
- Spring 2014 was the second warmest Spring for Planet Earth in NASA’s records.
- June 2014 was the third warmest June for Planet Earth in NASA’s records.
- Four of the five warmest Junes on record occur within the last ten years. Every one of the ten warmest Junes on record occurs after 1997, and every one of the twenty warmest Junes on record occurs after 1990.
- Every one of the ten coldest Junes on record occurs before 1918, and every one of the twenty coldest Junes on record occurs before 1930.
- There has not been a single June since 1980 in which global temperature readings fell below the 1951-1980 average.
In case you prefer to think about data visually, here’s a graph of global temperature readings by year, compared to the 1951-1980 average:
If global warming is a hoax, then I am the last of the black-footed ferrets.