Republicans Against Jeb Bush
Jeb Bush for President in 2016? Some people are saying that the Republican presidential nomination is already wrapped up, long before the primaries have even begun. They say Jeb Bush is a sure thing. However, some Republicans are determined to see anybody but Bush in 2016.
“He is too moderate for the Republican base,” says Nixon protege and professional firebrand Pat Buchanan.
Daniel Larison, senior editor at The American Conservative, writes of Jeb Bush that:
– “He doesn’t seem likely to offer any new ideas.”
– “He will have been out of office for over a decade by the time the voting starts.”
– “Like his brother when he ran for president, Jeb Bush has no foreign policy experience to speak of, and to the best of my knowledge he has never shown much interest in the subject.”
– “Considering the state that the last Bush left the GOP in, there can’t be very many Republicans that want to turn to that family a third time for leadership.”
– “The last thing that Republicans need is to contest another election in Bush’s shadow.”
– “I can see the slogan now: ‘Vote for Jeb Bush–he’s not as incompetent as his brother!'”
Republican columnist Michelle Malkin protests against Jeb Bush’s “top-down” efforts to “bamboozle” Republican voters, decrying his “phony” “crony contracts, big-government and big-business collusion masquerading as ‘reform.'” She calls him “tone-deaf, ethics-blind”, and “phony-baloney”. “And remember,” she warns. “Astro-turfing runs in the Bush family.”
How far will the Republican rebellion against Jeb Bush go? We don’t know, but we’re happy to encourage it along its path with this Republicans Against Jeb Bush bumper sticker.