The Pros and Cons of Bobby Jindal for President
Yesterday, Bobby Jindal announced that he is running for the Republican nomination for President in 2016. Would he make a good President of the United States?
– Jindal has impressive raw intelligence. He earned a Rhodes scholarship to Oxford University.
– In Congress, Jindal supported increased funding for AMTRAK.
– Jindal voted against the Central American Free Trade Agreement.
– Jindal has supported legislation to require additional disclosure of the sources of campaign contributions.
– Jindal has supported legislation to provide protections to whistleblowers.
– Jindal wants to increase spending on the U.S. military.
– Jindal seeks to expose Americans to marketplace restrictions of their health care access rather than providing guarantees of medical care.
– Jindal opposes safety protections on offshore oil drilling rigs.
– Jindal supports government welfare payments to oil and gas corporations.
– Jindal opposes efforts to slow climate change and mitigate its impact.
– Jindal supports efforts by corporations to keep the minimum wage low.
– Jindal wants a return to sanctions and travel bans against Americans traveling to Cuba.
– Jindal supported George W. Bush’s invasion of Iraq, and wants the United States to go back to war there.
– Jindal has been a strong supporter of unconstitutional government surveillance against American citizens.
– Jindal supports the removal of constitutional rights from people accused of certain crimes.
– Jindal seeks to undo protections for endangered species.
– Jindal supports using government money to prop up financially unstable private religious schools.
– Jindal supports efforts to block courts from protecting Americans who have suffered from government establishment of religion.
– Jindal opposes equality under the law for heterosexuals and homosexuals.
– Jindal has some problems accepting the reality of racism in America. Though he himself was forced to use his nickname, “Bobby”, instead of using his real birth name, “Piyush”, because of the nasty prejudice of voters in Louisiana, Jindal places the blame for discrimination upon those who are discriminated against, urging non-Europeans to accept that it is their responsibility to assimilate into the culture of European-Americans, if they want to get ahead in life.
– Jindal proudly displays the support of the racist, homophobic fake rednecks from the Duck Dynasty TV show.
– Jindal opposes net neutrality, and wants the government to open up the Internet to control by the most powerful corporations.