Jeb Bush Says He Will Not Be An Establishment Candidate
Yesterday, Jeb Bush made an astonishing speech, in which he cast himself as an outsider who will act to curb the political establishment.
This is the same Jeb Bush who:
– Is the son of one President of the United States
– Is the brother of another President of the United States
– Was born a millionaire
– Has spent the last several years making millions of dollars more by sitting on the boards of directors of corporations like Swisher Hygiene and Rayonier that abuse their workers and run slipshod management to enrich a few at the expense the many
– Has spent most of this year touring the homes and playgrounds of America’s wealthiest families
– Mocks Americans who depend on Social Security and Medicare
– Gets just three percent of his campaign funds from small donors
– Gathered 103 million dollars from shadowy corporate and financial elitist sources for his Right To Rise Super PAC
Is that what someone who will take on the establishment looks like?
In his speech yesterday, Bush said, “I’m offering a different agenda altogether. It will not be my intention to preside over the establishment, but in every way I know to disrupt that establishment and make it accountable to the people.”
The last time John Ellis Bush made the establishment accountable, he used his power as Governor of Florida to block people’s votes from being counted, so that the Supreme Court could appoint his brother President of the United States.
I’d rather not see Jeb Bush given another chance to make anything accountable to his elitist idea of “the people”, thanks.