God Does For All What He Knows Is Best To Innocent Little Girls

I’ve been driving by this church sign in Searsport, Maine for over a week now, and every time I see it my teeth go on edge:

Church Sign: God Does For All What He Knows Is Best

How can anyone possibly think this is a good idea to share? How can anyone believe this? How can anyone believe in an omnipotent God who lets innocent little girls suffer like this?

suffering girl

No. If your omnipotent God exists, He is a royal prick. If He doesn’t exist, you should stop pretending He does and focus on the real people who make horrors like this happen.

22 thoughts on “God Does For All What He Knows Is Best To Innocent Little Girls”

1. Quinton Underwood says:

Mr. Jim Cook,

Have you ever heard the saying, “YOU CAN’T FIX STUPIDTY” ? ? ?, You OWN it, LOCK, STOCK, AND KEG in your area. It evident that you are not aware of anything in this area. But I would imagine that you are on the top rung of the ladder in morals in the USA. If it were not for the CHURCH, there would not be any morals at all in the USA. I find it weird that you have so much concern for what is right or wrong and yet I have never seen you post anything about “Planed Parent Hood” and their murdering millions of the most defenseless human beings on this earth. Now Mr. Jim Cook, in the end you will get your just due, and GOD will not forget you. Unless you change, you will not like your permanent address. You are at your temporary address now, you are not going to die, you will just change addresses.

So your fictional prick God character is going to torture me for eternity because I questioned him one night? That is, you’ve got to admit, kinda dickish.

2. Robert Milnes says:

Cookie, don’t you know anything? It is not God that does such things, it is The Devil.
    Get with the program, man!

That’s not what the church sign says. And are you saying God is not omnipotent?

2. Mark says:

The way I see it there are three options of how God handles bad things happening to innocent people:
      1. He’s unable to stop it.
      2. He’s unwilling to stop it.
      3. He caused it.
      I’m not sure which of these is the most damning to the nature of God.

1. Robert Milnes says:

No, God is omnipotent.
        Mark, not too bad in the deity-logic department.
        First of all, there are no innocents. Remember “There but for the grace of God go I.”?
        Also “He” is inappropriate.
        The Devil is part of God’s creations. So, unable, unwilling, causative, all seem to apply.
        You guys need to brush up on your Catechism classes.

Thank you for being honest. The fictional Omnipotent God, who could keep little kids like this from suffering, chooses not to. If you believe all this fiction, you could go the Robert Milnes route and say that those little kids are assholes who deserve to suffer, or you could pin the blame at the source.

1. Robert Milnes says:

How did you get my words to “those little kids are assholes”?
            At worst I said you are wrong to call them innocent. They are human and carry the baggage of sin.
            You bring up another interesting word, “deserve”. Theoretically we all deserve nothing AND everything simultaneously.
            You are just as much to blame for those children/hospital bombing as anyone/everyone else.
            e.g. YOUR government built, deployed and launched the bombs. YOUR taxes. Your aquiesence. Your not doing enough to prevent it, along with a LOT of others. ETC. So don’t blame GOD, blame the DEVIL and YOUR part in the Devil’s acts.
            BTW, I don’t there is a Devil in Judaism. I wonder why.

3. Marc Allan Feldman says:

If there is an omnipotent, benevolent God, then why do bad things happen to good people?
    An excellent question, and there is an ancient text where this is the primary theme: The Book of Job.

1 Then Jeliovah answered Job
    Out of the whirlwind, and said :

2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel
    By words without knowledge ?

3 Gird up now thy loins like a man,

And I will question thee, and inform thou Me.

(Creation.)

4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth ?
    Declare, if thou intelligently knowest.

5 Who fixed its measurements ? For thou knowest.
    Or who hath stretched the plumb-line over it ?

6 On what were its foundations sunken ?
    Or who hath laid its corner-stone ?

I paraphrase:
    Job questions God: Why do bad things happen to good people?
    God responds: Who is this idiot? You think you could create a universe? You think you could run a world?
    You have no idea, no idea at all, of the complexity of what you are talking about.
    You already have an awesome responisiblity, to use your human power and free will to act with justice and mercy, kindness and integrity.
    Why don’t you just try to get good at that, and leave the Universe to me.

That’s no answer at all other than “go away and stop asking questions, you toad.”

And what I do know about The Book of Job is that it’s about a deity who decides to make a mortal suffer to prove a rhetorical point in conversation, then gets haughty when eventually the mortal has a problem with that. All fictional, but still, dickish.

1. Robert Milnes says:

Marc Allan Feldman, I am skeptical of anything/everything in the Old Testament.
        Where the jews try to rationalize and embellish their money glorification cult.
        They pander to the elites and help them maximize their capital.
        Get as much of it as they can then trickle down to the rest of the jews. So they can open businesses and synegogues all over the place.
        Hence Krystallnacht.
        The privileged jews produced A.Einstein AND W.Reich. And IsraHell.
        So, George Phillies says you are one of three, maybe 4 libertarian presidential candidates to attend the state convention/debate in MA on the 17th. I asked to attend. He said he will call security. I say bring it. I’ll be there.
        Hey, do me a favor, will you? Ask the Mossad to pull their circumsized prick out of my ass.

2. Marc Allan Feldman says:

The juxtaposition of the two photos reveal the presense of a prick character, a dick, but it is not God. It is someone who would like to give Obama the credit for everything good that happens, but when as Commander-in-Chief, Obama should take personal responsibility for bombing a hospital, the dick wants to blame a “prick God character.”

No. I don’t think the prick God character is responsible, because I believe the character is a fiction. You’re projecting your argumentative weakness onto me. Both the church sign and you want to give your omnipotent God character credit for what you like but fudge when bad cosmic events occur to good people.

1. Robert Milnes says:

Cookie, “bad cosmic events” The Devil…”occur to good people.” No such thing.

4. ella says:

Here we go again! No one has ever heard of The Devil. If there is God there is The Opponent – you know him by Satan. So that when suffering comes along there are always those who blame it on God and never Satan. Do you really believe that an opponent would sit around and let an opportunity like that pass? No way! The Opponent would say to his minions:

“Go out and create as much suffering and mayhem as possible and blame it on God.” Make as many of His people as possible hate Him and they will come to me automatically. But be careful that they don’t know you are taking away their moral standing, once that is gone the are lost. we can take their so called churches and make some Real converts. (evil Ha, ha ha.) They will never read His book and we can tell them anything we want to. And claim to be teachers! Well we are! So go to it minions.” authored by me :>

So are you saying your God is not omnipotent, Ella?

5. Dave says:

In a mood are we, Jim? I don’t care to defend the message on the signboard as whoever put it there hasn’t read the Bible. But if you want to judge the “prick God character” for letting bad things happen, what would be a suitable punishment – nails in his hands and feet or something? Stripes on his back? Last time I checked, humans were doing plenty of bad things to one another without any help from Deity.

The hospital bombing in Afghanistan was carried out by humans. The pic above would seem in your reasoning to implicate God in the matter, but that’s kind of like saying of, for example, mass shooters that “the gun did it.” If we blame the gun, or God, or devise some other way of deflecting responsibility from ourselves then we won’t ever have to talk about recreational drugs, bad parenting, militant paganism, our angry and vulgar culture or whatever the hell was the real culprit. We become in a convoluted sort of way just like the people who put the message on the signboard. That is, judging God and letting ourselves off the hook for anything.

The two pics above would in combination seem to be stupid-ass behavior on the part of a God who actually does for all what is best. You can read whatever else you want into it.

Militant paganism isn’t what hurt that girl. Flagrant militarism did. The Christian God character was entirely absent from the scene.

6. Robert Milnes says:

Cookie, God was present because the Devil did it and God created the Devil.
    You just don’t get it.

7. Robert Milnes says:

Cookie, you like to read books, don’t you?
    Try, “Ether, God and Devil: Cosmic Superimposition” by Wilhelm Reich.
    Not too technical, long or boring.
    You can handle it.
    Yes, it is me the ZOG ranting anti-Semitic mental case recommending a book by a jew.
    Hey I can recommend a book by a jew or a play or song, or mathematical equation e=mc2 or appreciate nuclear bomb scientists during war, Oppenheimer and Teller. And I can be sexually attracted to a jewish woman fran Drescher or repulsed, Roseann Barr.
    And I can borrow the terms ZOG and Israhell from the neo-nazis.
    Let me know what you think.

8. Robert Milnes says:

Oh yeah, I took the Salk vaccine.