Separation of Church and State? Holy Books in American State Legislatures, 2015

Number of search results for bills before Congress and the state legislatures in 2015 featuring the word “Bible”: 267

Number of search results for bills before Congress and the state legislatures in 2015 featuring the word “Koran”: 2

Number of search results for bills before Congress and the state legislatures in 2015 featuring the word “Torah”: 10

Number of search results for bills before Congress and the state legislatures in 2015 featuring the phrase “Book of Mormon”: 0

Number of search results for bills before Congress and the state legislatures in 2015 featuring the word “Mahabharata”: 0

Number of search results for bills before Congress and the state legislatures in 2015 featuring the phrase “Holy Bible”: 12

Number of search results for bills before Congress and the state legislatures in 2015 featuring the phrase “Holy Koran”: 0

Number of search results for bills before Congress and the state legislatures in 2015 featuring the phrase “Holy Torah”: 0

Number of search results for bills before Congress and the state legislatures in 2015 featuring the phrase “Holy Book of Mormon”: 0

Number of search results for bills before Congress and the state legislatures in 2015 featuring the phrase “Holy Mahabharata”: 0

Source: Legiscan

8 thoughts on “Separation of Church and State? Holy Books in American State Legislatures, 2015”

1. J Clare Peteet says:

YAWN.

Stretch.

1. ella says:

Or that learning to pour water from a tap is training to swim the English Channel. Yet look at Carson’s ratings. It helps him sell his new book though. It just seems like a lot of people actually like to hear him say he is a surgeon. Someone in the mainstream media should point out the flaw in that logic.

Scratch, scratch.

2. ella says:

Of course then there is the reason for the mention of the words relating to “Bible”, such as, a liquor store shall not be located within so many feet of a church. Things like that. It seems that more business wants to locate next to a Christian Church that other forms of religion. But then look at what wants to be there.

3. ella says:

So, what if the government had someone who could get rid of Obamacare? How much money has the government paid those ‘insurance companies, that failed, and still paying those that are now failing? Is that a big part of why they had to raise the debt ceiling – to cover even more losses caused by Obama programs. Who is that benefiting? This sick or those who profit by their illnesses and injuries. Look at the money being made, being paid with taxpayer dollars, to feed the insurance companies created by Obamacare.

4. ella says:

This is a current and important subject that needs to be carefully considered. It is not intended to be racist, religiously motivated, or politically incorrect: Please go to the following link, it brings to light some serious concerns considering Carson’s popularity.

“Carson is the only 2016 candidate for president who has never led a state or company or run for political office, but the retired neurosurgeon maintains that someone who can lead life-or-death operations surely can run the country.”

“Here’s what I want debate moderators, the media, and the general public to ask Carson.”

In what way is operating on a brain or other nervous tissue good preparation for executive leadership of the most powerful nation on Earth?!? I might as well say that learning to play the guitar has surely prepared me to become President of the United States.

5. ella says:

“I was the highest student ROTC member in Detroit and was thrilled to get an offer from West Point,” he continued. “But I knew medicine is what I wanted to do. So I applied to only one school. (It was all the money I had.) I applied to Yale and thank God they accepted me. I often wonder what might have happened had they said no.” said Dr. Ben Carson

Wait, hasn’t he repeatedly said he was dirt poor? “(It was all the money I had.”) Enough to go to Yale?! I wish I was that poor. How many other discrepancies are there? He has a worth of 26 million today and is still writing books, now to a larger audience than his church.

“When I began this campaign I turned to God. I asked Him for guidance and wisdom.
    But I also asked that I not make this campaign about me, but the values I care about – the same ones that made this the greatest nation on Earth.
    Well, the polls are now proving that I am not alone – and that we are winning.
    In fact the new NBC/WSJ poll has me leading the GOP race with a significant margin – 6 points ahead of my nearest rival!
    But I know this is not about me, this is about you and the country we want.” Yet he is beginning to sound like his values are like Trumps, down to making this nation great. I will listen again to the next debate and see if he says anything about the “…values I care about…” which I don’t think he will.