As winter approaches, the American Family Association is beating its “war on Christmas” drums again. At the webpage afa.net/christmaslist, the AFA has declared the chain store Staples to be a “naughty” enemy of Christmas, a label it reserves for companies that “use ‘Christmas’ sparingly in a single or unique product description.”

Number of web pages at Staples.com that use the word “Christmas”: 22,100

War on Christmas Text by Satanic Staples: “Christmas decorations that are professional in appearance can bring the holidays into an office or business.”

Christmas-hating special pages drawn up by the Jesus Killers of the Staples website: Christmas Stationery, Merry Christmas Cards, Christmas Labels, Artificial Christmas Trees, Fresh-Cut Christmas Baskets.

Yes, yes, yes. But they didn’t have Merry Christmas Printer Ink — that does it! Someone get me some holy water! This company is downright demonic. Thank you, American Family Association! Soldier on in the face of this shocking onslaught against Christmas.

6 thoughts on “American Family Association Not Satisfied with Staples’ 22,100 References to Christmas”

1. John says:

Seriously? Your getting this upset over something so insignificant? That really has no significant impact on your life one way or the other? I mean it’s only my opinion but the way your acting almost makes it seem like your experiencing opposition to a long fought war or something? Have you been lobbying congress trying to get rid of the name of Jesus from every commercially owned store? Have you invested hundreds of hours trying to convince the masses that xmas is just as good (if not better due to convenience! 😉 as Christmas? Out of all the other more important things going on in the world you are choosing to sit in front of your computer researching information about this? You should not worry as much about silly things like this, maybe getting a life would be a better way to spend your time. Just a thought. Oh yeah one more thing… MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

You read me wrong. I’m having fun. On the other hand, you use your last two words like they’re assault weapons.

2. Quinton Underwood says:

Really, Mr. Jim Cook, Your getting alarmed at the way John emphasized “MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!” really indicates that if you were of the right mindset you might want to rethink that “assault weapon” remark.

I make a living by what I get, I make a life by what I give”.

The fact that you are alarmed at my alarm alarms me.

1. John says:

All the alarms going off in here are giving me a headache. I apologize if I came across in the wrong way. Im just tired of people making such a big deal out of God, and/or Jesus. I mean what is really the issue here. The bible and Jesus and God are Gods things. The bible is nothing more than an instruction manual on how to correctly live life on this planet and cause the least amount of pain to anybody along the way. Why is there such a huge push to totally eliminate all traces of God from our society? All he wants is the best for us. It’s just frustrating.

Thanks for writing back. The reason there’s a fuss is not because anyone is trying to “eliminate all traces of God from our society.” The reason there’s a fuss is that certain people are trying to use the power of government to promote Christian doctrines and even impose Christian doctrines on citizens. That is not an appropriate role for the exercise of government power in the American political system.

If we must talk about the Bible, a thorough reading of it reveals that the God character and his agents inflict a considerable amount of pain, damage, death and genocide along the way. It’s certainly your right to believe in the Bible. It’s also certainly nobody’s business in America to use government positions to try to impose troubling Biblical standards on their neighbors.