Quotes On Religion: 2016 Republican Presidential Candidate Or Adolf Hitler?

All of the quotes below are from politicians speaking in praise of Christianity. Some of these quotes are from Adolf Hitler. Others are from 2016 Republican presidential candidates.

Can you tell which ones came from Hitler?

politicians and christianity

“I pledge that I never will tie myself to parties who want to destroy Christianity.”

“The church is certainly necessary for the people. It is a strong and conservative element.”

“I truly believe with all my heart that God has put me in this place at this time to do his will.”

“God the Almighty has made our nation.”

“I am a Christian, but not always a good one. I am not completely free of doubts.”

“I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator.”

“May God Almighty give our work His blessing, strengthen our purpose, and endow us with wisdom and the trust of our people.”

“My feelings as a Christian point me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter.”

“I would like to say something to those people who keep talking to me about religion: I am also religious, profoundly religious on the inside, and I believe that Providence weighs us human beings.”

“In this cataclysmic battle between the lovers of men and the lovers of God… I believe it is time for us to stand up and be counted.”

“We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit.”

“At the end of the day, faith is not organized religion; it’s not going to a church. It is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour.”

“”In every person’s life the only thing that makes life truly worth living the next day is knowing that that emptiness is filled by the Lord Jesus Christ.”

“By its decision to carry out the political and moral cleansing of our public life, the government is creating and securing the conditions for a really deep and inner religious life.”

“We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideas of Christianity… in fact our movement is Christian.”

“The most important thing for me is having a relationship with God.”

“God’s will gave men their form, their essence and their abilities. Anyone who destroys His work is declaring war on the Lord’s creation, the divine will.”

“We are determined, as leaders of the nation, to fulfill as a national government the task which has been given to us, swearing fidelity only to God.”

“The religion of love is only the weak reflection of the will of its exalted founder.”

“I am blessed to receive a word from God every day.”

“The party as such represents the standpoint of a positive Christianity.”

“We were convinced that the people needs and requires this faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement.”

“I will be the greatest representative of the Christians that they have had in a long time.”

“The government will regard it as its first and foremost duty to revive in the nation the spirit of unity and cooperation. It will preserve and defend those basic principles on which our nation has been built. It regards Christianity as the foundation of our national morality, and the family as the basis of national life.”

“I would not have been able to endure those without a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.”

“I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so.”

“The Catholic Church believes in, and acts on, absolute truth as its foundational principle and doesn’t move with the tides of modern times, as my former religion did.”

“This human world of ours would be inconceivable without the practical existence of a religious belief.”

“I am convinced that men who are created by God should live in accordance with the will of the Almighty.”

“Secular schools can never be tolerated because such schools have no religious instruction, and a general moral instruction without a religious foundation is built on air; consequently, all character training and religion must be derived from faith.”

“In this world him who does not abandon himself the Almighty will not desert. Him who helps himself will the Almighty always also help”

“Whoever fights bravely in defense of the natural laws framed by God and never capitulates will never be deserted by the Lawgiver, but will, in the end, receive the blessings of Providence.”

“God give us the strength to continue to do our duty.”

“It is my conviction that in the future as in the past the Lord God will always help us.”

“The judgment whether a people is virtuous or not virtuous can hardly be passed by a human being. That should be left to God.”

“God gives us the grace to cooperate with His will and empty ourselves for others.”

12 thoughts on “Quotes On Religion: 2016 Republican Presidential Candidate Or Adolf Hitler?”

1. ella says:

First, the passing of Antony Scalia was to end the fair voice of a man who still spoke for the Constitution of the United States of America. An honest lawyer and judge. To replace him now will be a task of searching deeply. Scalia has gone home with a job well done. He is here in the hearts of many.

Hitler has, in a way, been having his time once again in the United States. Atheism and those who practice it, have been systematically degrading, diluting, and polluting Christianity in America. The Socialist Party and Communist Party have used the principles of Christianity in reverse to enhance the effort to eradicate Christian religion from America. From 1966, the year prayer was first officially removed in the public schools until this day, Christianity has been piece, by piece attacked and persecuted, removed from public life in word and practice. We need someone who can return to Christianity, and if possible, then allow other religions to practice within the society.

“I believe in God. I am Christian. I think the Bible is certainly, it is the book. It is the thing.” That sounds like Donald Trump.

“The religious views of Adolf Hitler are a matter of interest and debate. According to Alan Bullock, Hitler was a rationalist and a materialist “who believed neither in God nor in conscience.”[1] Nonetheless, Hitler opportunistically employed the language of ‘divine providence’ in defense of his own myth.[2] Hitler was baptized and confirmed a Catholic in his youth, and raised by an anti-clerical father and practicing Catholic mother. In adulthood, he became disdainful of Christianity, but retained some respect for the organisational power of the Church, and though he was prepared to delay clashes out of political considerations, according to Kershaw, Bullock, Evans, Fest, Phayer, Shirer and others, he eventually hoped to eradicate Christianity in Germany.[3] Prosecutors at the Nuremberg Trials submitted that Hitler engaged in a slow and cautious policy to eliminate Christianity.”

1. F.G. Fitzer says:

Actually, about half of these quotes are Adolf Hitler’s, Ella, and they go all the way from his rise to power to his death in the 1940s. Several of the supposed quotations that are typically used to support the idea that Adolf Hitler was atheist are either mistranslations, misattributions, or hearsay – things that people said they heard him said, but were never recorded in written or audio form.

In fact, Adolf Hitler repeatedly and directly stated that his intent was NOT to use Nazi power against Christianity, but against atheism.

You’ve quoted somebody saying something, but you haven’t shared what that source is. I could as easily type in a statement like this: “Ella eats babies raw [1] and hypnotizes pregnant mothers and then forces them to jump off of bridges [2]. Ella has repeatedly stated that she would like to see the city of St. Louis go up in flames [3].” It doesn’t make it true.

You assertion that “the Socialist Party and Communist Party have used the principles of Christianity in reverse to enhance the effort to eradicate Christian religion from America” is strange, given that no Socialist or Communist Party in the United States has ever had even a thousand members.

Prayer has not been removed from public schools. Teachers and students alike are free to pray whenever they want to, so long as they don’t force anyone else to go along with their prayer or interrupt the ordinary functioning of the school.

I could not disagree more with your plan to impose Christianity first, and then, perhaps, to “allow” some other religions to become eventually legalized in the United States. A Christian theocracy would be a violent, bloody disaster for the United States, as such governments have been elsewhere.

So far, you have been able to distinguish only one pro-Christian statement from an American Republican politician, as opposed to those from Adolf Hitler.

Can anyone do better?

“Hitler has, in a way, been having his time once again in the United States. Atheism and those who practice it, have been systematically degrading, diluting, and polluting Christianity in America.” Fascist demagoguery sits in that second sentence, making me wish the first sentence was ironic.

1. Al Hopfmann says:

If you want to cite “Fascist demagoguery” , you only need to look to Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton for examples.

Al, can you cite one specific example of fascist demagoguery from Barack Obama and one example from Hillary Clinton?

Please, back up your assertions with facts.

1. Al Hopfmann says:

Obamacare.

Al, a piece of legislation cannot be demagoguery. It’s like saying that a pencil is hateful. Unless you’re trying to be poetic, the term just doesn’t apply.

Outside of the fact that you’ve got the wrong part of speech, the term doesn’t apply. Demagoguery is the use of passion and prejudice to gain political power.

I don’t really like Obamacare very much. My personal experience with it has been rotten. I think it’s a cumbersome bill that restricts time between doctor and patient and establishes a system that is awfully bureaucratic. However, what preceded the bill – what Republicans want to return to – was even worse. We need a simple, single-payer health care system.

As much as I don’t like Obamacare, I just don’t see how it’s demagoguery. Demagoguery is a specific sort of political phenomena. It’s not just a word for stuff we don’t like.

3. Charles Manning says:

Although it’s not exactly what Fitzer’s article is about, I can’t resist pointing out that Scalia’s famous argument about the 2nd Amendment applying to ownership of firearms by people in no way associated with a militia, supposed based the theory that the original intent of the constitution has to be followed, overlooked the fact that no one who wrote or read the 2nd Amendment when it first came out had any idea of the kinds of weapons we now have to put up with in private hands, thanks to people like Scalia. Scalia, in my view, was idiotic. He may have had other positive traits, but he lacked basic moral principles when it came to constitutional interpretations.

2. Charles Manning says:

Thanks! This is a very important subject. I don’t have time to speculate; why not let us know which quotations are whose, and give us some way to check out your claims.

1. F.G. Fitzer says:

I will eventually reveal which statements come from Hitler and which don’t.

Right now, my purpose is to point out how difficult it is to distinguish Adolf Hitler’s promotion of Christianity from that practiced by Republican politicians in the USA.

If you really want to check on these quotes on your own, the tools are out there online.

1. Charles Manning says:

Okay, I copied the first quotation and Binged it. Up popped http://atheism.about.com/od/adolfhitlernazigermany/tp/AdolfHitlerChristian.htm with a slew of Hitler’s statements reflecting the same kind of religiosity the Republicans are so devoted to. Mind you, that was just the first quotation.

3. Stephen Kent Gray says:

If I remeber correctly that one is a Rand Paul quote!