What Anti-Trump Message Would You Put on a Protest Sign?

Tomorrow, Donald Trump is coming to Bangor, Maine.  I live pretty close to Bangor, so I’ll be there too.  I feel very strongly that Donald Trump’s brand of leadership is very dangerous and must be visibly resisted.  On the other hand, there are certain kinds of protest against Trump — especially violent protest — that are not just counterproductive but corrosive.  I can guarantee you that I won’t be engaged in violent protest tomorrow.  I will be exercising my right to assembly and free speech, holding a sign outside the convention center where Trump will be speaking.

As I hold my sign, there will be a question of messaging.  Some anti-Trump messages (crude, divisive) might actually help Trump in his campaign.  I’d like to carry a sign that is concise, thoughtful, principled and helpful in the effort to resist the rise of Donald Trump.

What should my sign say?  I’d appreciate any sincere suggestions you might have.

11 thoughts on “What Anti-Trump Message Would You Put on a Protest Sign?”

1. Robert Comer says:

DUMP THE T-RUMP—A BILLIONAIRE CHUMP!

2. ella says:

I realize you are placing you faith in the Democrats Hillary, but read the following article from the UN. There are floods of illegal immigrants now entering what used to be a nation of Citizens who had rights and benefits. If you live far enough away for it not to effect you personally, hang on, it is coming your way.

That won’t fit on a sign. I’m not putting faith in anyone. The article doesn’t demonstrate what you say it does. Immigrants invigorate a nation. I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

1. ella says:

Or is it that the nation is now made up of non-citizens. There are immigrants galore, most of us have ancestors that came from elsewhere, but we have become or were born citizens. What percentage of your benefits, rights, and income are you willing to divide among those who are now entering, or have already entered, the nation. Are you willing to tell your children and grandchildren, “Sorry, immigrants invigorate a nation, the more the better, and they take your income because you are a citizen.”
        In one state, California:
        US foreign born population 13.7%, 2015. How much invigoration is needed?

2. Jon Sanders says:

I’ll go with Ella on this. In the beginning, likely most immigrants would have been illegals by today’s standards. The laws subsequently changed, making it more difficult and time consuming to become an American citizen. Undocumented aliens have bypassed the legal system of becoming a citizen, while countless others have played by the rules and gained citizenship legally. I find it very difficult to support that section of the population who chose for whatever reason, to choose the shorter, and certainly more convenient route.

So, you oppose the Mayflower?

1. ella says:

J Clifford, there were no immigration laws or US at the time of the Mayflower. Also those people thought they were settling a largely underpopulated land, which it mostly was. The natives did not know that those immigrants had conquest on their minds. That those immigrants wanted to move there permanently and that there were millions that would follow who also wanted to take their livelihoods, homes and land. Hmm, let me think about that.

I would simply write this: America is greater than Trump.

4. Korky Day says:

Trump is our punishment for our sins.

1. ella says:

Not Yeeeeett! 🙂 What has he said that would make anyone say that? I know – left the barn door open on that comment.

2. Korky Day says:

That’s my provocative slogan. Religious in an ironic way, as I’m an atheist. Trump faults are reflected in his style and positions. He also has many good points, which I don’t mention in my slogan. You might remember that I prefer Trump to Hillary. I usually vote Green, though. I supported Sanders while he was running.