What’s Going Well in this World?

Every life, every place, every moment in history holds reasons to celebrate and reasons to despair. Tonight, it seems all I can see is dismay and despair. I know that’s not all there is, but right now I need your help to see beyond the negative to the positive. Tell me what’s working.  Tell me what’s going well.  Tell me about the goodness that is possible.

13 thoughts on “What’s Going Well in this World?”

1. futuret says:

THE ONLY THING THAT IS GOING WELL, IS THAT WE ARE MOVING THROUGH TIME, AND GETTING CLOSER TO THE RETURN OF JESUS CHRIST. THERE IS NOTHING ELSE THAT IS GOING WELL, OR EVER WILL GO WELL. BIBLE PROPHECY IS BEING FULFILLED.

1. Jon Sanders says:

During my lifetime, humans perporting to be Jesus have walked the earth, but never caught on. Some, through slight of hand, have provided “proof” through “miracles “. In your opinion, what would it take to convince you that a human saying he was Jesus was the real thing? In other words, what would it take? And, considering the vastly different approach to religion by humanity, how would Jesus convince the rest of earth’s population that he was who he said he was?

1. futuret says:

AT THAT POINT THERE WILL BE NO CONVINCING. THE MARK OF THE BEAST WILL SEPARATE VERY SHORTLY THOSE WHO worship satan AND THOSE WHO WORSHIP THE HEAVENLY FATHER YAHVEH. THE TIME IS VERY NEAR!!!

1. Jon Sanders says:

So, would you spell out specifically how you think this will work. Please go beyond the Book of Revelation’s writings and provide your literal ideas on what mankind will be up against. This concept is common to JW’s philosophy, but I have never been able to get a straight answer to how the apocalypse will come about – other than just more quotes from the Bible. Most Endtimes adherants point to current events as the precursor to the thousand-year war with Satan and the triumph of Jesus, but civilization has faced tough times in the past (see my post below) and muddled through. Even weaponry, awesomely destructive as now it is, was viewed differently by those who preceded us. The longbow, gunpowder, the machine gun, biological warfare, pandemics – all were considered capable of eliminating mankind.

How near? Be specific. (Or are you just fullcapsing?)

1. Jon Sanders says:

Well, if Futuret has time to try to digest the contents of the linked website he/she has way too much time on their hands. You’ll worry yourself into an early grave. Take a few deep breaths and start daydreaming about rainbows and unicorns. Yeah, that should do it. And remember, Jesus said He would return “soon”. To a Diety “soon” likely has a different context than it does to us mere mortals. I like to think in millions of years, as opposed to right around the corner. Sleep a lot better that way.

3. Jon Sanders says:

Good thing that neither I nor any of my friends or relatives are Satan worshippers. As a matter of fact I think you would be hard-pressed to put your finger on anybody who worships Satan. Certainly very few of the billion-plus Moslems in the world are in Satan’s corner. Maybe a Coven here and there, but that’s about it. Frankly, taking a long view, I rather imagine that Satan’s forces will be seriously outnumbered, not to mention outgunned, when the crap hits the fan. Don’t think you have much to worry about. Hope this helps.

1. futuret says:

AS FOR ME I LOOK FORWARD TO THE RETURN OF JESUS CHRIST, WHERE FOR AN ETERNITY, THERE SHALL BE NO EVIL, HOSPITALS, CEMETERIES, AND DEATH. THERE IS A MUCH BETTER WORLD THAN THIS ONE. THE NEXT ONE IS ETERNAL, AND HAS INFINITELY MORE TO OFFER. I CAN WAIT FOR FIND OUT WHAT MY NEW DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE. CERTAINLY THE VEIL BETWEEN THE PHYSICALLY LIVING AND THE DEATH SHALL BE LIFTED. AMEN!!!

You should get a political convention speaking spot. You’ve got the whole all-yelling all-the-time but down cold.

2. Jon Sanders says:

Another thought: most religious people, when ask this question, will usually reply with some variation of “I will know it in my heart”. This, of course, the quickest and easiest way to answer the question. Since every person’s mind, and personality, is different, I would have to have something more tangible. Appreciate your insights.

2. John says:

Families are coming together. Slowly, but they are.

There is a catalytic energy for change to something never before seen: the radical middle.

3. Jon Sanders says:

Glad you asked. When I constantly read about the pending APOCOLYPSE – and the doomsayers are everywhere – I delight in pointing out two factors: (1) historical conditions that could be considered worse than the present and (2) the positive situations that we enjoy now over conditions 8 years ago. Bear in mind that professional pessimists will NEVER be persuaded, and it is folly to try to convince such people otherwise.

(1)
    1939-1942: Hitler and the Japanese Empire were remarkably close to prevailing (read “”1942” for context)
    1873-75: the financial collapse was devastating to the US, and a lot of the rest of the world
    1915-18: WW1 had taken a couple of generations of Europeans down, then the Spanish Flu knocked off a significant number of the rest of the world
    Dark Ages: who could have foreseen mankind would survive
    Black Plague: wiped out a fairly percentage of the population.

During last 8 years:

(2).
    Stock market doubled
    Employment way up
    Gas prices way down
    US could be considered energy independent
    Borrowing rates very affordable
    Inflation virtually non-existent
    Financial collapse dealt with
    Housing crisis successfully mitigated (Option ARMS have gone in the direction of the buggy whip)
    Home prices on the rise again
    No major terrorist attacks on US soil
    18mm of our fellow Americans have health insurance for the first time
    Defense spending up $15BB Over eight years ago
    Strongest military world has ever known
    US defense budget more than next several countries COMBINED
    No new credit-card financed wars
    Annual deficit being steadily reduced (thus enabling national debt slower increases)
    Nobody has tried to take my guns away
    Social Security checks don’t bounce
    Better standard of living than most of the rest of the inhabited world
    Virtually absolute freedom of expression
    Absolute freedom to travel

Probably I could think of more, but this should counter the endtimes crowd, at least for a few moments.