Will Donald Trump Be Inaugurated as President of the United States?
There’s a whole lot going on tonight, and it’s almost impossible for anyone to grasp it all. Much of what’s happening is taking place behind closed doors, in secrecy, under the shroud of government security clearances and journalistic restraint. There are many stories circulating, and it’s difficult to know at present exactly what’s true.
– Credible journalists at institutions such as the Washington Post are reporting that Barack Obama and Donald Trump have both been informed that sources deemed credible by intelligence officials have seen evidence that the government of Russian dictator Vladimir Putin has compiled an extensive dossier of damaging material about Donald Trump, coming from both his personal life and his financial dealings, and that the Russians have planned to use this material to blackmail Donald Trump.
– Buzzfeed claims to have a report from a British intelligence officer indicating that Russian spies have captured video on multiple occasions of Donald Trump engaging in unusual sexual acts with people who are not one of his three wives. The alleged report indicates that on one occasion, Trump ordered a “golden shower” show, in which naked prostitutes urinated for his pleasure.
– The alleged report indicates that Donald Trump had been cultivated by Russian spies for at least 5 years, that the Trump campaign had a system for extensive coordination with Russian spies, even collaborating with Russians in the distribution of material that had been stolen through Russia’s espionage program from the Democratic National Committee. The alleged report also asserts that Donald Trump had been feeding Russian spies intelligence information for at least 8 years.
– Furthermore, the alleged report asserts that Trump campaign officials created purposeful diversions involving Russia to distract from Donald Trump’s corrupt business deals in China, including bribes and kickbacks.
– The alleged report accuses Donald Trump of forging secret agreements with Russian spies to allow Russia to claim certain territory in Ukraine in exchange for Russia’s help defeating Hillary Clinton.
How much of all this is true? It’s impossible to know. However, Donald Trump’s strange pro-Russian moves and insistence that he knows, without proof, that Russia couldn’t have been behind the attacks against the 2016 presidential election, suggest that there’s something very odd going on.
People more powerful than those of us behind Irregular Times need to look at this.
Specifically, Congress needs to appoint a nonpartisan, politically independent investigation with powers of subpoena and prosecution. Anything less than that is absurd, given the scope of the allegations.
The President-Elect stands accused of being a traitor to the United States of America, and an agent of the Russian dictatorship.
Beyond the content of this news, a great deal was revealed by the character of the responses of the two men between whom the torch of the presidency is scheduled to pass in under two weeks’ time.
The President we are losing: In response the news, Barack Obama gave a speech in which the only mention he made of Donald Trump was to say, “I committed to President-Elect Trump that my administration would ensure the smoothest possible transition, just as President Bush did for me, because it’s up to all of us to make sure our government can help us meet the many challenges we still face.”
The President we may be gaining: Donald Trump took to Twitter to type in all caps, “FAKE NEWS – A TOTAL POLITICAL WITCH HUNT!” shortly before he tweeted a link to a little known web site named Lifezette, which explained that, at present, the stories about Donald Trump being cultivated as a tool for Vladimir Putin for years, with multiple videotaped sex sessions including golden showers, has not been fully verified.
Donald Trump was scheduled to have his first press conference in over half a year tomorrow.
Will it happen?
Will Donald Trump still be inaugurated as President of the United States?
Stay tuned. American history is about to get very weird.