I guess down here that’s some southern sweet tea, and you know up in Alaska, we have a smaller version of Tea Party up there, and we call it iced tea, and I am a big supporter of this movement, believe in this movement, got lots of friends and family in the lower 48 who attend these events and, across the country, just knowing that this is the movement, and America is ready for another revolution, and you are a part of this.
If Sarah Palin is calling for a revolution, the Tea Party Nation is paying her handsomely to do so. With Palin getting private air accomodations and $100,000 for her 40 minute and 20 second speech, she was paid at a rate of $41.32 per second. Sarah Palin was paid $1,033.06 just to share that beautiful thought you read above. But behind the scenes, Tea Party Nation is already rolling out the counter-revolution. The organization declares on its website that:
* it is a corporation which has trademarked the phrase “Tea Party Nation” and will sue anyone else who uses the words.
* “You can and will be banned for being a liberal.”
* “Tea Party Nation reserves the right to ban anyone for any reason we feel necessary”
* “Trashing of TPN will not be tolerated.”
* “Questions regarding TPN posted in the public forums or blogs on the site will be deleted.”
* “It is not a forum for… calls for militant uprisings.”
* “Tea Party Nation’s strict No Tolerance policy will not make exceptions… if you see such postings, you immediately report them”
While Tea Party Nation’s speakers call for a revolution for the cameras, any actual revolutionary behavior or dissent will be result in swift dismissal. That’s an interesting combination.