Woman hasn’t eaten since May 3, plans to go on
So reads the breathless headline of a United Press International story published on June 10, 2013. Is it true?
On May 3rd 2013, the Spiritually based endeavor, “Living On Light” began an experiment designed to demonstrate that the human body is capable of thriving without food. In order to test the validity of this assumption, one subject, Naveena Shine (the founder of “Living On Light”) has put herself in a controlled environment for a period of four to six months with no food and only water, tea and coffee to drink. She is now at day ten. Her every move is being filmed and archived for future reference. Eventually the whole experiment can be viewed live on the internet.
At “Living On Light” we propose that we have a nutritional source already embedded within our body/mind/Spiritual systems that can give us exactly what we need to be healthy and well. Since we do not yet know exactly what that source is I am symbolically calling it Light. If this capacity is real, it will change everything we know about ourselves, everything we do in our lives and everything we do on our planet.
Throughout history there have been many people who have claimed this capacity. They say they have stopped eating, sometimes for years, and it seems they thrive very well. Today there are many people in this world who say they live on light. They call themselves Breatharians or they call themselves Sungazers….
The only problem with this is that we do not believe it. We hear about it but, how can we possibly believe somebody who says that they don’t eat? Even family and friends don’t believe them sometimes. The solution is very simple. We have to put it to the test. This is what I intend to do through “Living On Light”. Put it to the test. The only way to prove it is by doing it….
Of course, to have all of these benefits we would have to prove that it is possible. To achieve the first objective it is VERY simple. Here is how we are going to do that.
One subject, that’s me, is going to be in a controlled environment for a period of four to six months. Eight cameras will be set to view every corner of that controlled environment. I will not go outside of those cameras.
We are hoping to live-stream the event so that you, from anywhere in the world, will be able to see me every moment of every day and night, by tuning in to my internet live-stream at www.livingonlight.co for as long or as little as you like. You can just check in and the only question that matters is, “Is she eating or is she not?”
We are having many issues with live-streaming and it might take a while to get it operational. In the meantime, each moment is being recorded and the files are being archived for future verification.
There cannot be any cheating!
Naveena Shine has set the parameters for her “experiment,” which is now supposedly in Day 45:
- The “experiment” must keep Naveena Shine in a controlled environment for a period of four to six months.
- Observers anywhere must be “able to see me every moment of every day and night, by tuning in to my internet live-stream.”
- Naveena Shine “will not go outside of those cameras.”
- “The only question that matters is, ‘Is she eating or is she not?’”
How is Naveena Shine performing, based on the parameters she set for herself?
- There is no live stream at Naveena Shine’s website. Setting one up is neither difficult nor expensive. Naveena Shine just hasn’t done it.
- Observers are not able to see Naveena Shine at every moment of every day and night. They are only able to visit Shine’s YouTube channel, where she posts a short video once every few days.
- We have no idea whether Naveena Shine is going outside of camera range, since video is not being shared as Shine said it would be.
- Naveena Shine actually is eating. If you read the UPI article, you’ll see that Naveena Shine is regularly consuming tea with milk. That’s food. And in an update [June 14 2013] Naveena Shine now acknowledges that she is consuming 25-calorie Emergen-C packets that contain multiple vitamins and 25 calories of fructose. That’s food too.
There’s no sense in Naveena Shine continuing the experiment, since it has already been a failure: her own standard for proof has not been met, and she’s eating…
…or has it been a success after all? That depends on the goal: at her “Living on Light” website, Naveena Shine is selling her books, asking for monetary contributions, and inviting advertisers to place their products on her website.
The acronym for Living on Light is LOL, after all.